Maximum group size: 12 ladies
Price: £999 pp / US$1299 pp
- Saturday 7 October – Friday 20 October 2017
Route: Classic EBC Route
Trip Length: 14 Days (12 Days Trekking + Pre and Post Hotel Nights)
Trekking Partner: Kandoo Adventures
- Meet and greet on arrival by your Kandoo Adventures representative at Kathmandu Airport and transport to your hotel in Thamel
- Hotel accommodation for the night before and night after your trek in Kathmandu (B&B basis)
- Teahouse accomodation throughout the trek
- Prices are based on 2 people sharing a room in the teahouses, and in the hotel, a twin or double room
- Return flights from Kathmandu to Lukla
- All National Park Fees / TIMS
- Services of our qualified mountain guides, assistant guides and porters
- Filtered drinking water every day
- Return transfer to Kathmandu airport
- International airfares and departure taxes
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips for crew
- Entry visa for Nepal
- Personal travel insurance (must include trekking to 6000m)
- Personal hiking/trekking gear
- Personal medicine
- Meals on the trek and snacks and drinks not specified. We recommend budgeting approx. US$25 a day for breakfast, lunch and dinner on the trek
- Single hotel occupancy can be arranged in Kathmandu, but single rooms in the teahouses cannot be pre-booked or guranteed
Like climbing Kilimanjaro or hiking the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, the Everest Base Camp trek is one of the world’s most iconic hikes. If you love to walk then the EBC trek has to be at the top of your list. Nothing can prepare you to stand in front of the world’s tallest mountain!
We offer a lodge-based trek that follows the original route to base camp laid down by the pioneers Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay. Our itinerary allows for plenty of acclimatization opportunities to give you the best possible chance of reaching your goal. The trek begins with a somewhat alarming (but fun) flight into Lukla in which pilots skilfully drop down onto one of the shortest runways in the world. You should sit on the left hand side to get great views of the Everest region.
Once everyone is assembled, you begin your trek from Lukla. You descend through lovely Sherpa villages and cultivate farming land before ascending up steeply to the sherpa town of Namche. This is a surprisingly large settlement where you can connect to wifi, have a coffee and even a brownie or two!
After Namche you follow the Dudh Koshi River for some way, crossing over several long suspension bridges before climbing to Tengboche. Here you will have a chance to explore the incredible monastery that sits below the mountains of Ama Dablam, Everest and Lohtse. Your next stop is Pheriche and then after a number ofr days trekking uou will reach Gorak Shep – the last point before Base Camp.
Here you have the option of climbing to the tip of Kala Pattar (5545m) for some breathtaking vistas of Mount Everest! Over the next few day you will return to Lukla to celebrate your achievement!
Arrive in Kathmandu where a member of our team will pick you up at the airport and transfer you to your hotel.
your adventure begins with a stunning flight into Lukla where you will some incredible views of the Everest Region. From Lukla your trek begins with a short hike to Phakding where you stay the night.
- Trekking elevation: From 1300 metres to 2800 metres to 2656 metres
Leaving Phakding we follow the river for some time, crossing over several long suspension bridges. We then enter Sargamantha National Park before ascending steeply up into the Namchee Bazaar.
Namchee Bazaar is the regions main trading post where you can find some luxuries like wifi, coffee and cakes! On bright clear days you can see Everest in the distance.
- Trekking elevation: From 2656 metres to 3450 metres.
You'll need to acclimatize to the thin air in the Himalayas and Namchee Bazaar is a perfect place to do this as it is home to a host of shops to look around for the day.
We will also organize a quick trip up the Everest View Hotel (at 3880 metres) for lunch. Here you will get your first view of Everest and be able to relax for the afternoon whilst acclimatizing.
- Trekking Elevation: 3450 metres to 3880 meters to 3450 meters.
Today we follow the valley along the Dudh Koshi River. All along this route you will get great views of some of the giants of our world including Everest, Nuptse, Ama Dablam and Lhotse. After crossing a high bridge we lunch at Phunki Tenga before tackling the steep climb to Tengboche where this a fabulous monastery.
- Trekking elevation: From 3450 metres to 3867 metres
Today we descend back down into the forest before crossing the Imja Khola. Once across we climb back up to Pangboche village where we get stunning vistas of the entire Everest Region.
We then visit HRA's first aid post at Pheriche where we will receive a professional lecture on how to avoid altitude sickness.
- Trekking elevation: From 3867 metres to 4252 metres
Before we take you into the higher reaches of the EBC trek we want you to be properly acclimatized. Therefore, we spend another day Pheriche to allow our bodies the proper time. We take a day excursion to see Tshola Lake and the Tawache and Cholatse Walls.
The short trek takes up over the Dingboche ridge where we can see the valley spread out below us and Lhotse in the distance.
- Trekking elevation: 4252 metres
The trek cracks on today as we climb Khumbu Glacier with Cholatse and Tawache peaks overhead. The rugged boulder-strewn terminal moraine makes for interesting trekking terrain before reaching the top of the glacier which is strewn with cairns. The cairns have been left to mark the past sherpas and climbers who lost their lives attempting to conquer Everest.
Once at the top there is a gentle climb to Lobuche where we stay the night.
- Trekking elevation: From 4252 metres to 4930 metres.
Today is the day! We follow thew Khumbu Glacier towards Gorak Shep. Along the way we get stunning vistas of the region. After having lunch at Gorak Shep we trek for another few hours, passing lesser glaciers, ice pinnacles and occasional crevasses before reaching our goal - Everest Base Camp!
From Base Camp we return to Gorak Shep on a slightly more elevated path that takes in views of the Khumbu icefall and the South Col route.
- Trekking elevation: From 4930 metres to 5364 meters to 5164 metres
We set off early to summit Kala Pattar. From the top we see incredible views of Everest peak and the surrounding region.
After lunch and many photos, we ascend down to the village of Dingboche where we stay the night.
- Trekking elevation: From 5164 metres to 5554 meters to 4410 metres
This is a long day trekking. We follow the river for a period through beautiful rhododendron and birch wood forests before having lunch in Tengboche.
After lunch we cross the Dudh Koshi River and return to Namchee Bazaar.
- Trekking elevation: From 4410 metres to 3450 metres
This is the last day trekking as we follow the Dudh Koshi valley from Namchee Bazaar to Lukla.
The evening is usually marked with a celebratory party in which the climbers, guides and porters all join in the celebrate another successful trek.
- Trekking elevation: 3450 metres to 2800 metres
After an early rise and breakfast we head to Lukla airstrip to take a flight back to Kathmandu.
Goodbye day. A member of our crew will transport you to Kathmandu airport for your return journey home.
Looking for a real challenge? Each year we take club members to Africa's highest summit, Mount Kilimanjaro. Do something big this year, join one of our Kili climbs!
Voted by National geographic as one of the top 25 treks in the World, the Salkantay trail to Machu Picchu provides the perfect balance of culture and wildness trekking!